Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sugar & Champagne Affair

I've had opportunities to work with the Washington Humane Society by photographing a couple of their events. I heard about the 7th Annual Sugar & Champagne Affair event on January 28 at The Ritz Carlton in Washington D.C., and I was able to cover this event for the first time.

I arrived to the Ritz around 6pm and was excited to be there. I had my camera out and started taking pictures of some of the exterior and decor of the well recognized hotel. I checked in at the media part of registration. Not long after that I recognized someone I know, and she was about to interview Mrs. Alexandria, who had her sash on with that title. There were so many interesting people and pets milling about. It was a great opportunity to take pictures, but it's not always easy taking pictures of pets...they don't seem to stay still enough for a pose. I almost had to resort to using dog treats to get their attention.

Various vendors had their table and wares set upon them and there were many more vendors in the main room of the event. I attempted to take a picture of each table there. There were so many delicious treats offered and a lot of tables had treats for dogs. People and their pets were walking around everywhere in the room, tasting treats, having pictures taken and taking pictures, and people enjoyed letting their dogs meet other dogs and it was a great place for people to talk and meet other people.

There was an awards presentation for WHS staff given out by the WHS president. I was able to take pictures of that presentation and of the awards recipients afterward. I kept taking pictures, yet also had time to talk to the people there and partake of a few snacks. I left close to 10pm and enjoyed being there and supporting WHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment