Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama Inauguration 2009

This was one of the most important days in history. I decided to bike into DC again and once again dressed in many layers as I did on Sunday. This day seemed colder and more windy than Sunday, but I felt it was worth it to be there and witness the inauguration of our 44th President. I didn't get to DC really early, but early enough to hear the inauguration. I was amazed at how many people were there, and it was the most amount on the National Mall in history. It was challenging getting around on a bike with all the people everywhere and with all the blockades. I just biked around and took it all in. I could feel the excitement, sense the hope and see the joy all around me. I could see all kinds of people coming together. Yes we can, work together to achieve a more perfect union.

No comments:

Post a Comment