* Sep 30 - Oct 2 - Tysons Galleria ALL ACCESS: FASHION
"ALL ACCESS: Fashion presented by Tysons Galleria is a three day fashion and trend event that will allow guests to witness the excitement and energy of the international collections at Tysons Galleria, shop the best of the season, meet style icons and experience the frenzy usually reserved for fashion insiders."
On September 30, we heard from a panel of top decision makers in the luxury industry on "The New Rules of Engagement: Luxury 2.0 – Luxury spending trends/habits in today’s market."
October 1, 2010 - Day two of ALL ACCESS: FASHION provided a "star-studded runway show featuring the top trends of the season, presented by luxury retailers of Tysons Galleria."
October 2, 2010 - It was the third day of ALL ACCESS: FASHION. There were more than 50 in-store events, branded lounges, couture experiences, individual runway shows from B/A/S/L/E/R, Miller's Furs, Eileen Fisher, Anne Fontaine, Nicole Miller, Karen Millen, 7 for All Mankind, and Betsey Johnson. It was the one year anniversary of Fashion BS and guests could get a preview of the Spring/Summer 2011 runway screenings by FashionTV.
* Oct 7 - After Hours at the Kreeger Museum. It had been awhile since I've been to a museum, and when I heard about event called "After Hours at the Kreeger Museum," I wondered what that was all about. What's going on in there? Hmmm, well, I had never been there and it turns out that this was the first After Hours event in partnership with Alliance Française de Washington DC. It was a chic soirée, and of course it was, art had it's part there.
Guests were treated to the sights of Philip Johnson’s architectural masterpiece, exquisite jazz by the Sanga Equation, lounge beats by French DJ Herve and a gallery tour through the art collection. There were also exclusive screenings of documentaries on impressionist painters and French short films.
* Oct 15 - Fashion Fights Poverty Gala at the Artisphere. Fashion Fights Poverty celebrated it's sixth anniversary with an event titled RAW: A Return to Primal State. This event was held at FFP's new home, the Artisphere in Rosslyn, VA.
There was a fashion presentation of models featuring eco & ethical designs by designers Nomi Ansari, Chez Kevito, and Crooked Monkey. Guests also enjoyed appetizers, drinks, including some from Smart Water, and music by Jive recording artist Matisse. http://www.fashionfightspoverty.org/
* Oct 16 - The House of Sweden in Georgetown DC held The Miss Sinergy competition. This event is held annually to crown and promote a charitable ambassador who creates and champions the platform of her choice during her twelve month reign. The Miss Sinergy event raises funds and awareness for breast cancer and other charitable causes affecting the quality of life around the world.
It was such an exciting evening and anticipation for it has been building for some time. Guests arrived in elegant attire and passed their time in social conversation and photos before being seated to watch the pageant. It was a very engaging evening and it was wonderful to see the support that was given to the contestants.
There was an amazing panel of judges and thanks to them for being there and thanks to everyone involved to make this a memorable night. The charities involved in this are: Small Victories Project, The Libby Ross Foundation, The Skin Cancer Foundation.
* Oct 19 - Fashion's Fight Against MS. This night held an exciting fundraiser, as the event's honorary co-chair Tommy Hilfiger and NYC runway model Shannon Rusbuldt brought this event to Washington, D.C. Proceeds benefit the National Capital Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
The fashion runway show closed with a capsule collection from Tommy Hilfiger, and showcased the Fall 2010 collections of prominent New York fashion designers Hilton Hollis, Nary Manivong, and Sir by Joanna Baum, with fine jewelry from Lisa Nik and lifestyle accessories by Tommy Hilfiger. The runway show was styled by Ally Hilfiger and Toni Leinhardt, with hair provided Bethards. Runway music provided by Henri Scars Struck. The evening was produced by Pamela DePalma of DePalma enterprises. The VIP after-party was hosted by ModelsHotel at Josephine Lounge.
* Oct 21 - Key to the Cure. Saks Fifth Avenue in Tysons Galleria put on a great in-store party and fashion show. It was emceed by Mary Amons, founder of Labels for Love and castmember on The Real Housewives DC, and also by Kate Michael of K Street Kate.
Guests enjoyed treats from Purple Onion Catering, Legal Sea Foods, Bazin’s on Church, Chima Brazilian Steakhouse, Capitol Grille, Plaka Grill, PassionFish and Georgetown Cupcake. Guests who purchased a ticket received a $25 gift card to shop during Key to the Cure weekend to enjoy special savings. These guests also received a nice gift bag that came with a $25 gift card from Saks. The event helps to support Life With Cancer®!
October 21, 2010 - As part of the Key to the Cure event at Saks Fith Avenue in Chevy Chase, Maryland, Belafigura had a Swimwear Fashion Show by renowned designer Minoo Mobin Ventura. Her swimwear line included exclusive pieces for mastectomy patients, breast cancer survivors, and the latest Miami upscale styles.
It was an evening of shopping, runway fashion, cocktails, culinary samplings by some of the top restaurants in the DC/Metro Area, prizes, raffles and more. Key to the Cure shopping proceeds benefit Women’s Cancer Programs at Suburban Hospital.