Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Blog

It's the first day of a new year and it seems like a great time to start a blog for Vithaya Photography. I'm an emerging photographer and desire to travel the world, meet people, capture life, share in it, learn to see in new ways, and maintain a sense of wonder in living life.

Last year afforded me more opportunities to travel and grow Vithaya Photography. I was able to visit Quebec City, Oahu, New York City, and Richmond, VA. I attended several seminars and workshops this year considering it an investment in my future and they were fun trips too! Vithaya Photography is a venture coined after my first name and the kind of photography that I have been able to take and share to tell a story. The name Vithaya means "knowledge," and I want to continue to learn and grow as a photographer and share my experiences.

This morning I worked on some photos I took at a New Year's Eve party and shared them in the afternoon to many of the people who were at the party. Here's one photo from the party with a bunch of people wagging their glow sticks while on the dance floor. Later on in the afternoon, I dropped by the camera store and book store, visited my parents, and then went to a dinner gathering at a friend's house. It was a full day and I'm looking forward to so much more in 2009.

2 comments:

  1. "travel the world, meet people, capture life, share in it"
    that's also my dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robert. As I look back on this year, it's been a good year and I've been able to do more of what I've been dreaming to do. There is so much more to do, and may we all continue to dream and make those dreams a reality...not just for ourselves, but for others too.

    ReplyDelete