Thursday, December 24, 2009

VisionMongers

December 24: On Monday I received a book in the mail that I ordered and I was very excited to start reading David duChemin's second book "VisionMongers, Making a Life and Living in Photography." This book aims to help a person transform their passion into their vocation.

With VisionMongers and David's first book "Within the Frame: The Journey of Photographic Vision," he talks more about what goes on in the mind and heart of the photographer. There are many resources for photography technique out there and there is no single pathway to success as David shares in his VisionMongers book. One of the nice features of this book is the individual profiles of photographers and allowing people to know their story and their vision. Some of the photographers that I am familiar with are featured in the book such as Chris+Lynn, Chase Jarvis, and Zack Arias, and my eyes have been opened to photographers that I had not seen before. I enjoy hearing stories of how photographers came to be where they are today.

I admire David's outlook and desire to contribute to the international photography community. His specialization in doing humanitarian projects and capturing amazing images of the world inspires me to want to contribute more on the philanthropic front and to travel even more. The older I get, the more I want to see of this world and experience things. Yet it is David's work that also helps to remind me that it's more than just about the life of a traveling photographer, but that it's about our personal journey and how we can serve one another. May we be inspired to follow our calling in life and to be the best we can be, living a fulfilling life being and doing what we were meant to be and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment