Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Another Day in Miami

November 8: It was our second day in Miami and my friends and I were going to make it a beach day. Before we hit the beach we wanted to get some lunch to take out there. Everyone in our group went to Subway except for two of us, as we wanted to get something different. Half Moon empanadas was nearby and it's a vibrant, colorful, and stylish place. It has such a clean and hip appearance. I got the corn empanadas and after we got our food I noticed these red chairs and had my friend sit there so I could take a photograph. It was just one of those moments where I felt that great lighting and color came together.

When we got to the beach, it was mostly a day of just laying out and getting some sun. I only took a few pictures on the beach because I didn't want to expose my camera to wind and sand on the beach for too long. It was late afternoon and some people were content to just stay on the beach, but I wanted to do more, so when some friends were going to walk around, I was totally up for it. We walked down Lincoln Road Mall which is a long promenade with lots of restaurants, stores, and art galleries. It's a great place to watch people and hang out. A couple highlights on Lincoln Road Mall was seeing the Peter Lik gallery, a dog laying back resting against his owner, and a white Rolls Royce car with an Ocean Drive license plate drive by. After a dinner at Spris some of us got some gelato at la gelateria. Seeing lights in the trees was a nice ending after a day of exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment