Sunday, December 13, 2009

Johan & Amy Engaged

November 25: One of the brides whose wedding I photographed during the summer referred me to a couple who wanted engagement photos taken. The couple wanted to have the pictures taken around the Navy Memorial and Sculpture Garden area of Washington D.C., as that area holds many wonderful memories for the couple. We had planned to do this photo engagement outing the day before Thanksgiving, and I was available and glad to take the pictures.

I had never met the couple before, but I had corresponded with Johan through email several times and got to know more about both of them and the story of how they came to be together. It was a delight to meet them and they have so much fun together. They made photographing them a pleasure as they naturally interacted with one another and enjoyed the afternoon. We had a great afternoon of post-rain weather and a warm sunset-kissed ambiance as we continued on just past sunset. We ended the evening with a few photographs taken of them at dusk, and the emotions of the day carried on into the night. The memories of this beautiful time were captured and I'm glad to hear that the couple enjoys the pictures and will refer me to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment