Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mike and Liz's Wedding in Ohio

November 14: The day after my cruise from Miami to Cozumel and back to Miami, I found it to be an interesting transition to have stayed in the Akron Ohio area and to be photographing a wedding here. When I talked to Mike about photographing his wedding months ago I knew that it was going to be at the tail end of my cruise trip, but I knew it was possible to make it and I was glad to photograph another wedding ceremony and celebration.

When I arrived at the church I found it to be very traditional and the reception was in another nearby building that was part of the church. I had a good amount of time to prepare for the wedding, but it never seems like enough. There is so much that goes into a wedding and it happens so fast! You have to be aware of what's needed and what's going on with the wedding day. I found that the transition from inside to outside to the reception to be widely diverse with the white balance on my camera. When I had taken some shots of the reception hall before the wedding, I ended up changing the color temperature for my camera's white balance to try and stay true to the colors in the reception. The wedding went well and the reception was nice. The bride and groom are happy and so am I, because we were able to capture the wedding and enjoy the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment