Sunday, December 13, 2009

Colorful Cozumel

November 11: It was day three of the cruise and it almost seemed like a dream when we landed in Cozumel. Leaving the ship and going down the walkway we saw crystal clear blue waters around us and once we passed through the gate we could see a glimpse of the color and festivity of Cozumel.

The weather was less than ideal, but it was sunny and a bit windy considering the season in which we visited here. We were inundated with various vendors and opportunistic sight-seeing packages. Our group decided to split up so that each group could do what they wanted. One of the places I visited was Paradise Beach. It was not a heavily occupied beach, and one of the most interesting things besides the view here was this colorful parrot moving to the music played at the bar. I took lots of pictures of this parrot and when I was having a meal, I was surprised when the parrot came right up behind me on the chair I was sitting. It was time for me to move. Later on I was told be a bartender to be careful of it's bite. Yeah, I didn't want to get that close to it...that's why I have a camera with a zoom lens. :) We watched the sun set and it was one of those moments in life where I just stood there contemplating life in light of this gorgeous sunset.

Once again I headed back to the ship, yet this time it was evening and I could take pictures of the ship as we headed back to it. What a grand sight indeed. It's amazing that we were traveling on such a huge ship as this. It must be a great sight for the locals too as they see tourists flock into their city.

No comments:

Post a Comment