Sunday, December 20, 2009

Nicole Wolf's Sea of Faces Exhibit

December 11: I've been to Penn Camera stores many times and always enjoy seeing the photographs exhibited on the walls of the store from local photographers. I was especially excited to hear that artist, designer and photographer Nicole Wolf of Sota Dzine was having her photographs from a recent trip on display at Penn Camera in Fairfax, VA.

I had some time to visit her gallery of photos at the store on the night in which she invited people to come and see the photos. It was also a chance to hang out and talk more about her photography and of photography in general. It was good to be in an environment that supports and encourages photographers, and although it was a bit tempting to be around all that photography stuff, I only bought one small item. There was also a discussion about the Wedding and Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) Convention and Tradeshow. I hope to be able to go to WPPI next year and it would be my first time at WPPI and in Las Vegas for that matter. Sounds like I need to go to it.

So I took a couple pictures of the evening just as a memento of the occasion. It was good to see Nicole and her photographs there, and I wish her and Sota Dzine continued success.

No comments:

Post a Comment