Monday, November 2, 2009

Tim & Tania's Elegant, Fun and Green Wedding

October 3 - River Creek Club, Leesburg, VA: I had the pleasure of photographing Tim & Tania's engagement photo outing back in August, and we were all in anticipation of their wedding. They are a fun couple and that was evident in spending time with them.

On the morning of the wedding there was a heavy fog in the area where the wedding was taking place. It was hard to see while driving there, even with my headlights on. Eventually the fog cleared and the sun lit up the beautiful River Creek Club. The interior of the club was elegant and the view out back where the wedding was to take place was a great backdrop. There was a definitive theme of green running throughout the wedding and reception as that is the bride's favorite color.

The morning seemed to go by so quickly, and I was able to get the pictures I needed. I like to try and get to the wedding location early to have ample time to prepare for the day. It was go time for the ceremony and I stepped outside to see many of the guests looking at me and so they knew it was about that time. With the shaded balcony and the sunlit backdrop outside I found out that Aperture priority mode on my camera worked best. Everything went well and the couple seemed so enraptured by each other. The smile from the bride said it all. There were many tender moments and also lots of fun on the dance floor. The reception ended at 3pm but the celebration continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment