Saturday, November 28, 2009

Jason & Rachel's DC Wedding Reception

November 6: Back in early April when the Cherry Blossoms were in peak bloom in Washington D.C., I was asked to take some pictures of Jason & Rachel. It wasn't an engagement shoot, but it sure looked and sounded like one. In any event, we were to enjoy an afternoon together walking around the tidal basin and I photographed them together as a couple.

When Jason & Rachel came around to getting engaged, they asked me to photograph an engagement shoot at their engagement party on July 12th at their friend's house. It was a beautiful day for the shoot which we did around their friend's house, but the sunlight was harsh so we tried to stay in the shade for the pictures. I also took some pictures of the engagement party which they did not expect, yet they appreciated it.

Jason & Rachel's wedding was in the Nashville, TN area on September 5th and they wanted many of their friends in the DC area to celebrate their wedding so they had a reception at the McLean Community Center. I showed up to celebrate with my friends and I got to see some friends that I spent time with many years ago. It was a enjoyable and fun evening. The bride wore her wedding dress and the decorations all helped to bring about a festive wedding reception atmosphere. The wedding cake was hilarious and I encouraged them to pose like the figures on the cake and got a few pictures of them with the cake. All in good fun. I'm glad I was there to help capture the evening with some pictures I took there.

No comments:

Post a Comment