Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dog Care Weekend

October 16 - A friend was going out of town for the weekend so I offered to take care of her dog. I had a lot of work to catch up with and figured taking care of the dog would help keep me home more. The dog's name is Brady and he is a Pekingese Chihuahua at about 15 weeks of age. I had spent time with Brady before so I was looking forward to spending more time with the dog.

My family had three dogs before so we were familiar with taking care of dogs. I know my family misses having dogs and wondered if my taking care of Brady would make them want to get another one. It's such a joy having a dog, but also a lot of work. It's almost like taking care of a child. It made me appreciate my parents and their upbringing of my all the more.

Brady was so excited to see me and be around me and wouldn't stop trying to lick my face. This dog had so much energy. It was hard to leave Brady when I had to go out and he would cry when I left his presence. It's amazing to see the companionship a dog can bring to life. I enjoyed taking care of Brady and it's great to have pictures to remember those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment