Saturday, October 31, 2009

U2 360 Rocks!

September 29 - U2 360 Tour - Fedex Field, Washington DC: U2 Rocks! They are one of my favorite bands and I had been looking forward to their concert in DC for many months. I got four tickets and was glad to have some friends go with me. We got to Fedex Field early to try and avoid traffic. We didn't have time for dinner elsewhere so we go dinner at the stadium and Johnny Rockets was our choice from all that was offered there. The anticipation was constantly building and as it came time for the concert to start, we could feel the flurry of excitement. All I had was my iPhone on me, so I did what I could with it in taking pictures.

The band Muse opened up the evening and they are also one of my favorite bands with their Starlight song being one of my faves. Muse was awesome. When U2 came on the crowd cheered and was amazed at the sights and sounds around them. The whole concert structure looked like something out of sci-fi movie. The stage had a walkway all around, hence the name 360 for the tour. It was an amazing concert and even felt spiritual. It's more than just about the music with U2 as their is a definitive message in their songs, some of which are supportive of humanitarian causes. This was more than a concert, it was an experience, and one that I feel helps me to consider more than just where I am and what I'm doing, but to think in a 360 perspective with concern for what's going on in the world and what I can contribute to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment