Friday, November 6, 2009

PhotoPlus Day Three and In The Heights

October 24: This was the third and last day of PDN PhotoPlus and I wanted to get as much out of it as possible. I was looking forward to Zack Arias' seminar on "The Many Uses of White Seamless: Achieving Multiple Looks from Simple Backgrounds." It turns out that Zack posted a blog about this technique, yet it was still good to see him teach it. Zack's crew from UsedFilm studios helped out and watching them put everything together was very cool.

As PhotoPlus closed for the year, it was amazing to see what went into this event and there's so much interest in taking what we've seen and heard here and applying it to our photography. As I left Jacob Javits Convention Center I could see several vendors waiting to get their gear into vehicles. It started raining harder and it was hard to find a cab, even around here. I finally ended up walking back towards where I was staying, but then figured it would be good to take this time to go see a broadway show. It was an easy decision to see In The Heights because I know someone in the cast. I got a great seat about 7 rows back from the front and in the center, and it cost me enough. It was an amazing show it further helped to reinforce my dreamer mentality. It's not where we've been, but where we're going and where our heart is through it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment