Tuesday, November 3, 2009

PDN PhotoPlus International Conference and Expo

October 22 - PDN PhotoPlus Day One - NYC: I enjoy visiting NYC and usually take the budget route when traveling and staying there. I took a bus up early Thursday from just outside of DC to a stop near Madison Square Garden. There is always something going on in NYC and there is so much character to the city in terms of creativity and diversity. After I arrived I went to the hostel where I was going to stay for several days. I was only about a 20 minute walk from the Jacob Javitz Conference Center where PDN PhotoPlus was taking place.

I only had enough time Thursday to go to one session in the afternoon and the expo was closed by then. The bash was at the Hammerstein Ballroom. The highlights of the night was live band performances with Tyburn Saints opening and featuring Longwave with DJ Anton serving up tunes.

At the bash I got to see master craftsman photographer James Schmelzer of ELITE Photographic Studio. James was doing demos at the Westcott booth at the expo throughout the weekend. This man knows his lighting. It was a great first day and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment