Thursday, November 26, 2009

OneLight NYC Mixer

October 25: I was really looking forward to the OneLight workshop with Zack Arias, his crew, and the other attendees. There was a OneLight workshop both Monday and Tuesday, and I was going to the Tuesday (10/27) workshop. Attendees who were registered for either workshop were invited to a OneLight mixer at Bar Great Harry in Brooklyn, NYC.

We had a private room in the back for the mixer which turned out to be a large enough room for the mixer. Nick Gamma, a NYC photographer helped to coordinate things for the workshop. I got to meet Zack, his wife Meg and their son. Zack's assistant Erik was there and always had a fun expression when I took a picture of him. Sherri, the UsedFilms business manager was there too. We had a good turnout and we got to hear a little speech by Zack which was inspiring. As it got later, people started leaving to prepare for the next day, and I got a chance to talk to Zack one on one for a few minutes. Talking with Zack those few minutes was like his transform video come to life and I appreciate the realism and encouragement in talking with him. It's not as easy as it looks in being a photographer and there are all sorts of things we go through in being one. I feel like I'm growing more as a person through all of this, and I'm doing what I love to do: taking pictures, capturing moments, and sharing life.

No comments:

Post a Comment