Monday, November 2, 2009

Digital Wake Up Call

October 15 - Falls Church, VA: David Ziser is an internationally renowned wedding and portrait photographer and he has an informative blog called Digital Pro Talk. I heard about Ziser through Scott Kelby's blog. Many months ago I heard that Ziser was going to have a Digital Wakeup Call tour holding seminars across America to teach lighting, marketing, production, and business. The seminar was packed with information and resources and it's one of the best values for the cost.

Walking down the hallway to the seminar I came upon a mini-expo of sorts as several vendors had their tables up with products on display. In the large room of the seminar they had a product table in the back and there must of been around 40 posters up on one wall and some up on the stage to showcase Ziser's work and for inspiration. The seminar was well organized and it flowed well. The teaching was excellent and David shared a lot of tips and techniques. His tour also gave away a lot of prizes. I didn't win anything, but I still felt like I got a lot out of the night.

Although the seminar was done in a casual lecture style and our cameras weren't needed, I brought my camera along and took a few pictures to capture the experience. I was glad to be able to get a picture with David and hope to continue learning and growing as a photographer. I enjoy going to events like this to learn, network, and come away inspired and with more resources to take my photography to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment