Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Washington Humane Society Bark Ball

I used to have dogs, but I don't right now. I tell myself that I'm too busy for one, and others would say the same. Being involved with the Washington Humane Society (WHS) helps me to appreciate dogs all the more and I appreciate their programs and services to help animals.

On Saturday June 6, the 22nd annual Washington Humane Society Bark Ball was held at the Washington Hilton Hotel in D.C. This event is dubbed as "Washington's Only Black-tie Gala for the Four-on-the-Floor Crowd." I was there to cover the fundraising event, and was amused at the multitude of pets walking around, many of which were dressed up just as impeccably as their owners. The event was a success raising more than their projected goal for WHS in their ongoing cause to provide comfort and care to over 20,000 animals. Just being around these dogs makes me want to get one of my own, and if I do, I know WHS is right here to help. They're good like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment