Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mount Vernon - Exploring More Than Before

I've been to Mount Vernon before, the estate and gardens of our First President George Washington. It's a beautifully preserved and restored place. The Mansion House Farm which is what visitors see today is the 500 acres where Washington and his family lived. It's amazing to learn about the history of George Washington, a man of vision and practicality having a keen appreciation for building and architecture.

My cousin wanted to visit Mount Vernon, so on Saturday June 6 I took her there to explore it. I got to see more than I had seen in my previous visits, such as inside the house and the tomb. It's peculiar how we can see so much more when we're with others, especially when they're visiting for the first time. That's a good thing. Here are a few pictures from our visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment