Monday, June 8, 2009

Capital Crescent Trail Bike Ride

Saturday is my favorite day of the week and it's usually a good opportunity for sports, especially after a week of working on photos. On 5/30 I met up with a group of bicyclists to bike the Capital Crescent Trail from Georgetown to Bethesda, MD and back. It's about a 20 mile round trip ride. It took the ten of us about 35 minutes to get there and we decided to eat at Cafe Deluxe. They have a good breakfast plate, which is worth trying. After an enjoyable and restful lunch, I got to sit around outside the fountain near the Barnes & Noble near the trail and soak up the sun a bit. It only took us about 25 minutes to get back since it was decline going back. I was able to take some pictures during our little bike trek using my compact camera, and I even took some while biking. I've done it before. It's similar to taking pictures while running like in that movie Yes Man which include Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, and Bradley Cooper. Jim Carrey plays a character named Carl Allen who challenges himself to say yes to everything for an entire year. Although I don't recommend doing that, it's interesting to consider taking at least one picture a day for a year...and I'm some people have done it. I definitely plan to say yes to a lot of things concerning photography for this year and I'm excited for the opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment