Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jazz in the Garden - The Deanna Bogart Band

I've heard about Jazz in the Garden many times, but I had never gone to it before. Some friends were going, so I thought I'd join them this time. I arrived at the National Sculpture Garden in DC around 5:30pm and surveyed the area filled with people taking up spots just about everywhere in the garden. The various sculptures are an attraction, yet on these nights, the added enjoyment of hanging out with friends and family for a concert and picnic made for a near perfect night. The Deanna Bogart band are multiple Wammie award winners and they played their fusion of Blues, R&B, Boogie Piano and Sax for the masses for this evening.

After the concert, our group of friends went to the Chinatown DC area to get dinner. Being in Chinatown with my DSLR reminded me of the upcoming Worldwide Photowalk that I'm doing with the group that Jeff Revell is leading. I usually seem to be in photo walk mode, naturally. So back to the prospects for dinner. We finally ended up at a restaurant called Asian Spice. While we were waiting to be seated, I snapped a few shots of my friends and the surroundings. I most enjoyed using my Nikon 50mm 1.8, playing with the available light and shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment