Sunday, October 18, 2009

Luke's Wings at LIMA

September 24 - Supporting our military and their families: I thought it was going to be a relaxing Thursday evening, and I knew I needed to catch up with some of my projects. Yet when they call came to serve, especially for Luke's Wings, I felt I had to answer the call.

According to their website, Luke’s Wings "provides travel planning services and airplane tickets for the families of wounded warriors currently hospitalized at medical and rehabilitation centers all over the country." A video was set to be filmed about Luke's Wings and the fundraiser for them at the LIMA lounge in DC. I was asked by WUSA Channel 9 news person Angie Goff to come out and take some pictures as part of this video, and I also covered the activities throughout the evening. Also in attendance were some notable DC insiders and socialites such as Miss DC 2008 Kate Marie Grinold, Fletcher Gill, and Mathew Hebert. It turns out that some Redskin Cheerleaders were in attendance too.

As a veteran of the U.S. Army I felt drawn to the Luke's Wings organization. Any organization that helps support our troops like the United Services Organization (USO) is worth supporting.

It could have been a long night, but I felt like I covered enough and had to get home to finish up some of those projects on my plate. It was worth it to come out and to support Luke's Wings. Not long after the event my photographs were featured in the local news portion on WUSA Channel 9. My name and photos were featured right after the latest news about Michael Jackson and Roman Polanski. How exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment