Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Morning After GIFF LA

September 27 - LA to DC: I awoke the morning after GIFF LA in a very relaxed state and I'm sure the amazingly accommodating room I stayed in helped me feel that way. I'm not used to staying in such places and I felt so thankful, yet I also understood that so many people in the world don't get to wake up in such conditions. It caused me to be thankful for what I have and receive it as a gift.

The relaxing morning continued with a nice continental breakfast (nicer than a lot of other continental breakfasts I've had). Breakfast by the pool was enjoyable and I knew that this time was only a temporary escape of sorts, as I would be back to metropolitan DC soon and back to the familiar.

I met my executive car driver and saw the peculiar shoes worn by him that represented a dress casual appearance and way of doing things. In conversations with me and on the phone the driver kept referring to me as the big kahuna, further reflective of how this company serves their customers. I got a big kick out of it, and the driver went on to tell me the kind of people he's driven around and the stories from his experiences driving with this service. That's good customer service in making your clients feel important. At LAX I passed by a couple guys outside, and one of them had some gear on him that made me think he was one of those photographers who waits for celebrities to show up at the airport to snap pictures of them. I enjoyed using my new camera gear luggage as it served me well.

The flight to DC gave me more to ponder and photograph as I enjoyed the perspective and the sun setting. I arrived at IAD around 7:15pm and was on the way out of the airport just after 8pm. It was a good trip and I enjoy traveling every once in awhile, but it's also good to home. There's something about both traveling and being home, and may it create a balance of perspective and growth in this journey called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment