Thursday, October 1, 2009

SneakerBall 2009

September 15 - An event asking people to dress in Black Tie attire and sneakers has got to be fun, but it's also for a reason. This annual gala is appropriately named SneakerBall and celebrates the best of sports in the Greater Washington DC region. This event benefits the Greater Washington Sports Alliance Foundation (GWSA), which is made up of six local charities and creates ways for corporate philanthropy to enhance the region's youth sports programs and facilities.

I was able to attend the gala and take pictures for the event which was held at the National Building Museum in Washington D.C. I dressed up in a tux and sneakers to fit the theme and brought two cameras to capture the evening. As I walked toward the entrance of the venue I saw the cars driving up to drop off people and noticed the step and repeat and a red carpet leading up to the front doors and into the building. Once inside I saw so many people milling about and athletes being greeted and interviewed here and there. I was glad to see some familiar faces there and it was a great opportunity to see and photograph some athletes. I ended up staying till almost Midnight, so it was a very full evening, but certainly a very special one.

No comments:

Post a Comment