Monday, September 7, 2009

Impromptu Photo Jaunt in Alexandria

Saturday, September 5 - Old Town, Alexandria Stroll: After the photo session with Mrs. Alexandria, her husband, and their dog, I decided to walk around since I was already here. Might as well bring my camera along. :) I was hungry at this point and considered what kind of food I had a hankering for and settled on going to The Fish Market, a famous restaurant on King Street known for it's food and it's history. I had the crab cake sandwich prepared fried along with some refreshing lemonade and also had a caramel sundae. Next time I'll just go to Pop's Old Fashioned Ice Cream for dessert.

Old Town Alexandria, especially down King Street near the Torpedo Factory Art Center there is such liveliness with people walking around, people walking pets, eating at restaurants with outdoor dining, people cycling, people hanging out on or near their motorcycles, and people performing their respective acts to make some money. I got to see Jamey Turner playing the "glass harp" as he makes music and plays some famous tunes by rubbing his fingers atop 58 water-filled glasses. The glasses are held down on a wooden soundboard by rubber bands a bit of duct tape. He's been playing here for many years and he always draws a big crowd as he sets up and as he performs.

The rest of my time was spent just strolling around, enjoying the sights and sounds and capturing some wonderful subjects with my camera. Here are a few pictures from the evening:

No comments:

Post a Comment