Saturday, September 5, 2009

DSLR Camera Remote using my iPhone!

I'm always on the lookout for new photography technology. Even if I can't afford to get some things I want yet, at least it's nice to look and see some amazing products coming out on the market. I'm not necessarily a gadget aficionado or collector, but I like to invest in some great gear that will help me in my photography and take it to another level.

So I heard about this DSLR Camera Remote for the iPhone or iPod Touch. This product from onOne software allows both Canon and Nikon users to control settings on their camera and remotely fire the camera using your iPhone or iPod Touch. Wow! I was a bit skeptical at first, but after reading some product reviews and checking out their website, I decided to go for the pro version of the software. You need a WiFi enabled computer to use this product, but no active internet connection is required. This product enables you to have freedom of movement to do so much more with your photography. Using this software I can change the aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, image quality, and exposure compensation...all from my iPhone! One of the really cool things about this product with the pro version is in using the intervalometer which is a custom self-timer. I used it a few times...very useful for taking timed shots anywhere from 1 second to 1 day part, and I hear you can take up to a 1,000 frames!

The onOne website has a lot of information on it, so the website can speak for itself. I was considering using this product on a photo shoot later on today, so I took several images this morning to do a basic test of the product and found it easy to use. I just woke up and threw on my Redemption shirt with DC on it from IKY Clothing and got in front of a window with the blinds down and shut, and my backdrop was wood paneling. What a combination, but hey, it was just a quick test. After a few shots I added a flash and then I just had fun with this test session.

No comments:

Post a Comment