Friday, August 12, 2011

Turn The Key Tour with JB & DeEtte Sallee and Lori Nordstrom

August 12, 2011 - When I heard of the Turn The Key Summer Tour was going to be coming to Arlington, VA, I knew I wanted to attend it. I usually try and attend photography seminars and workshops to learn something new, reevaluate what I'm doing, gain inspiration and try to take what I've learned and implement changes to how I'm running my photography business.

Ever since seeing JB & DeEtte Sallee speak at Imaging USA in Nashville in January 2010 I've been an admirer of them and their photography. They seemed like a fun couple and I liked their photography style and was inspired by their success. I also saw them at WPPI last year.



The Turn the Key Tour seminar made a stop at the Crystal City Hilton in Arlington, VA near Washington D.C. An hour before the seminar started there was a small trade show so attendees could see some of the speaker's favorite products and services. It was good having the vendors there as it's always good to see the latest resources.

Before this seminar I had heard of Lori Nordstrom but had never seen her speak in person, so I was looking forward to learning from her as well as Sallee Photography. Their experience combined spans 23 years in the wedding and portrait industry, and we also got to hear from local portrait artist Jeff Lubin as he opened up the tour speaking about portraiture.

In just flipping through the workbook that they gave everyone who registered, I was pleased with the amount of instruction and personal details that JB, DeEtte and Lori shared in it. Their seminar is great for new photographers as well as seasoned photographers, giving fresh ideas on how to take one's business to the next level. They shared frankly about past experiences and what has worked and is working to keep their studios growing in today's industry and market. Hearing JB and DeEtte take turns speaking was fun and it got pretty interesting with their choice of words used. :- It was rather comedic and a reflection of their charismatic personality. Lori's presentation was solid and practical. She was dressed very well too. Their tour is an insightful and helpful resource in unlocking your studios potential.



I was one of several attendees that got a shirt. I think it helped that I was sitting up front and about five feet from JB when he was about to throw the shirts into the audience. I stood up, raised my hands and yelled with excitement. He couldn't miss me. :D I'm glad I made it to see them on this tour and was able to talk to them before, during and after the seminar. I'm eager to implement what I've learned and apply it to my photography and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment