Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Proof of Life

August 10, 2011 - Six minutes and twenty-seven seconds. I hope you can take that amount of time to watch this photo short posted by RC Concepcion as a guest blogger on Scott Kelby's blog. It is one of the most moving photo shorts I've seen. It is a beautiful touching story of dreams, inspiration, passion, friendship, sacrifice and love.

I've taken pictures of people and have often said: "See, now there's proof that you were here." Yes, it was an event, experience, and moment captured and to be remembered. It's proof of life. There is a story behind the picture(s) and this photo short speaks volumes.

http://www.scottkelby.com/blog/2011/archives/20822

Okay, so it's been more than six minutes and 27 seconds by the time you've gone through all this, and I actually watched this photo short three times. This short encapsulates why I love life and photography. Life can go by so quickly and it's good to be able to pause and reflect on it, and gain insights from experiences. I want to do more than just see pictures, I want to know the story behind them, and in doing that I believe life and people will be enriched and appreciated more. Live on.

No comments:

Post a Comment