Saturday, July 6, 2013

Independence Day Appeciation and Celebration

July 4th - As I think about Independence Day in America, I know there is much to celebrate and we see that all kinds of celebration takes place and in many ways. Yet I feel like I must give my appreciation in order to better understand and embrace the meaning of the day. Having grown up around DC I've visited the various monuments many times and it's always a time of reflection and thanks. On Independence Day I shared a photo that I took in April of this year and a comment. I thought it was fitting to share, and I'll share it here too.



Thank you to all in America's past who helped to establish this country's independence and to those in the present who help to preserve it. I celebrate with the USA it's adoption and declaration of independence. Proud to be an American and to have served in the U.S. Army.

For this Fourth of July I had the day off, as there were times when I would cover an event. I was looking forward to a more relaxing Independence Day. I was glad to see that it was sunny out because a rainy fourth of July would have been a bit depressing. Seeing that there was some congestion going into DC, I decided to park in Arlington and take a Capital Bikeshare bike (for the first time) into Georgetown. In years past I used to hang out on the National Mall for Independence Day, and biking in and out of DC was always the best option. After hanging out at the Georgetown Waterfront for a bit, I ended up at an apartment party off Wisconsin Street in Georgetown and enjoyed an elevated view. I just had my compact camera with me. I'm glad I could relax and hang out with new friends and meet some new people. Happy Birthday America!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment