Thursday, April 11, 2013

DystRuXion Photo Shoot

April 7, 2013 - I enjoy watching a variety of dance performances, everything from people on the street to the local level with area performances to theatre performances. Some people may know that I used to dance, being involved with such dancing as the social ones to modern and jazz, yet now I just dance "freestyle" for fun. I've always enjoyed dance videos and movies too and as a photographer there are times when I am able to photograph dancers and dance performances.

I was asked to photograph a group of dancers/performers called DystRuXion in which I did a group shoot and some individual shots. I shared a group shot with DystRuXion the next day and am sharing that shot on this blog. The vision for the shot was to focus on them in a glamorous way. Before the shoot we all had a Potluck and then they had a meeting in which they sat around in a circle and shared a little about themselves and their dance background and talents. It was great to see their interaction, as it was like a family environment. It was a fairly long day and somewhat of a crazy environment with preparations, yet when we got down to the shoot, everything seemed to gel, and that's partly due to their professionalism and poise.


No comments:

Post a Comment