Monday, July 13, 2009

One of the Busiest Weekends Ever with Fashion & Pageantry

It seemed like everything came down the pike this past weekend regarding activities. Summer has brought much of this upon us. I'm still trying to catch up with life and then more things come on down. With all that's been going on, I still woke up in the late morning on the weekends, as my body must have been telling me that I needed sleep.

This past Saturday (July 11) I went to an event at called Soiree Bastille Chic. It's a great name for an evening event celebrating France's Bastille Day and showcasing the Vivons Vert (live green) Fall 09 Collection from NYC designer Christine Marchuska. It's Christine's mission to provide stylish and affordable eco-friendly fashion to women. This event was held at The Darlington House, a Victorian style house in Dupont Circle, D.C. I snapped several pictures of the fashion show and also enjoyed the environment, including the disco ball hanging from the ceiling.


On Sunday afternoon I attended an engagement party for my friends Jason and Rachel. This party was hosted by long time friends of Rachel and they treat her like family. I got to the house a bit earlier to take some engagement pictures of Jason and Rachel in the yard just outside the house. The sun was beaming and Rachel wore a white dress, so picture-wise, things were going to be interesting, but they were posed in the shade so as to not get the harsh lighting on them. We wrapped up the shoot and went inside for a incredibly delicious Moroccan meal. This food could have been prepared in a fine restaurant...it was that good! My time there ended as they had presented a cake to the engaged couple. Congratulations indeed!

On Sunday evening I photographed the Miss DC 2009 Pageant at The Lincoln Theatre in Washington D.C. I had never attended a live pageant before, yet I had watched plenty of pageants on TV with my mother as she enjoyed watching them. I was impressed and amazed at the grandeur of it all. These young ladies represent admirable qualities for individuals to be inspired by and to aspire to. Congratulations to all who were a part of this pageant and the difference you help make to DC, our country, and beyond.



So I've been running on over drive, but a vacation is coming soon. I'm still enjoying the ride though.

No comments:

Post a Comment