Sunday, May 31, 2009

OBX Vacation

As busy as I am, I was in need of a vacation, so I spent a long weekend (5/22-26) with friends at the OBX, specifically Corolla, NC. I left for the OBX at 1:45pm on Friday and finally arrived at the beach house at 9:45pm. There was a lot of traffic starting out and there was also an accident along the way near the VA beach area. It made me wish I had just got up early Saturday morning to drive down there. I thought about all the things I still needed to do to catch up in photography, but I also needed a vacation. Well, at least I could try to relax on vacation. I still brought most of my camera gear with me.

I spent every day that I was there on the beach and it felt good to be there, especially just laying out on the beach and absorbing the warmth of the sun and viewing the blue skies with gorgeous clouds. I didn't really get out and about while at the OBX. Our beach house was just a short walk to the beach and my car was in a satellite lot far enough away. The weather was nearly perfect.

I left the beach house Tuesday around 4pm with a couple others and we got back to the DC area around 9pm, so we were glad to be able to get home relatively quickly. I enjoyed the trip and have a lot of pictures to go through and share, but here's a favorite photo from each day of my trip there.

No comments:

Post a Comment