Thursday, April 23, 2015

Cherry Blossoms at Night

April 13, 2015 - Over the years I've photographed the Cherry Blossoms around the tidal basin during the day or sunset, but I was so busy this year, I didn't have a chance to visit them till really late on the night before it was to rain early the next morning. So I felt I had to capture the Cherry Blossoms. Just after 10pm on Monday April 13, I started my trek around the entire tidal basin, and I took this shot at 12:44am on Tuesday April 14. Of course I needed fill flash to illuminate the blossoms. During my walk around the tidal basin I saw a few people, but it mostly quiet. I had a tripod for my camera and a speedlight flash with a modifier on it. While I was taking pictures, at one point a couple came up to me and the lady asked me several questions. I explained a few things, but really wanted to focus on the photography. There was a slight breeze and it was late, or I should say very early in the morning.  It was a balancing act to get the proper exposure and to get the image in focus, but I was pleased with these shots. I've shown the color version and then the black & white version below it.




No comments:

Post a Comment