Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blue Ridge Invitational - Invited by a Friend

October 10, 2011 - I'm not necessarily a golf kind of guy, but growing up I enjoyed playing golf arcade/video games and I also enjoy the occasional miniature golf game. I spent some time with a fellow photographer and old friend the day before and that evening he called to tell me about this event he was covering. It was the Blue Ridge Invitational at the luxurious Creighton Farms in Aldie, VA.










My friend Guy was to photograph the Blue Ridge Invitational which was a local charity golf event in support of Blue Ridge Speech and Hearing. Guy was able to cover the event on his own but thought it would be a good idea to have me out to experience the venue and event while taking pictures. Another photographer that Guy knows named Joey was also there to take pictures. After a nice lunch at the clubhouse I got to drive my own golf cart and rode around like a kid in an amusement park. It was a fun ride and I was able to take a lot of scenic pictures of the golf course and of people playing golf.

Toward the end of the playing time, we parked our golf carts high up on a hill and enjoyed some tomato basil soup prepared for us as we took more pictures. It was late in the afternoon and time to go back to the clubhouse. The photographers had time to chat about the event and of course talk a bit about photography. It was a good afternoon with great weather, and it was nice to get some golf course pictures. After this experience I understood a little more about how relaxing golf is as not only a game, but an appreciation of the beautiful nature around us. How simple, but amazing it is just be able to see, hear and speak. It seems like golf can allow you to drive your thoughts to a different place and even clear your mind, so that you may be ready to go from the green to the concrete jungles of our everyday world. For more information about Blue Ridge Speech and Hearing, visit their website.






No comments:

Post a Comment