Monday, September 19, 2011

Betsey Johnson Rocks at MBFW S/S 2012

Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week - On Monday afternoon September 12 I arrived in New York City to cover some of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week for April of MyDCStyle. It was great to be back in NYC and I'm starting to get used to visiting. I felt very comfortable traveling from my hotel room to Lincoln Center and the first thing I did was pick up my credentials for photographing the shows. It was wonderful to see the courtyard and fountain again, and it was cool to see the sleek new facade for the MBFW entrance.

The Betsey Johnson runway show was going to start at 6pm in the Theatre, so I arrived early enough and waited in the media line to get in and get a spot on the media riser, also called the media pit. There's a good amount of waiting but it also gives the media time to prepare for covering the shows and to capture the people walking in, milling about and seated.

I've been to a Betsey Johnson fashion show as part of the ALL ACCESS: FASHION three-day event at Tysons Galleria in Tysons Corner, VA. If you've seen one Betsey's shows you'll know that she knows how to rock the runway with her clothing collection, the models and their expressiveness which is no doubt part of Betsey's style. Betsey knows how to put on a show! When the runway show started I'm sure eyes popped and jaws dropped because Betsey Johnson delivered another stunning runway show.






With Betsey Johnson's Spring 2012 collection she blends modern and vintage styles inspired by Brigette Bardot and Burlesque dancers of the 1940's. From flirty to sexy, patterns and peek-a-boos, and mixing prints, shapes and colors with splashes of glitter, Betsey creates an alluring and edgy collection that is sophisticated, sassy and playful.










After the show I ran into Jenny of the Betsey Johnson Georgetown DC store, so it was good to see a familiar face there. Even though this was the only runway show I photographed this day, it was an excellent one to cover. Oh what a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment