Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cupcakes and more at Bakeshop!

February 14: I like cupcakes. When I read an article about the newly opened Bakeshop in Clarendon, I was intrigued. What really captured my admiration was in reading the about section on Justin's Stegall's Bakeshop website, where Justin describes his journey in opening the store. I emailed him and he invited me to visit the store, so I got to do that on Valentines Day. I had red velvet cupcakes on my mind. When I walked in, I saw a familiar face of the friend who posted the article about Bakeshop. What a surprise. It was good to meet the master confectionery architect Justin. I was allowed to go behind the counter and take some pictures of sweets in the making. It was an exciting experience to watch and capture part of the caking process. I'm sure I'll visit the Bakeshop again soon, as there's much more to try. I ended up buying four red velvet cupcakes and giving one to my mom this day was part of the plan. She enjoyed it with dad. I displayed the rest of the cupcakes at a party that night, and of course I had to have one more for myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment