Saturday, February 27, 2010

Black Eyed Peas in D.C.

February 23: The phenomenon that is The Black Eyed Peas started in 1995 and they've been on an incredible journey to where they are now. Last year they became one of eleven artists who have held the number one and two spots on the Billboard 100 with their songs "Boom Boom Pow" and I Gotta Feeling." Their song "Imma Be" recently became their third number one song on the Hot 100. All of these songs plus the singles "Meet Me Halfway" and "Rock That Body" are from their latest album called "The E.N.D." which means "The Energy Never Dies." The group's frontman will.i.am describes it by saying to Billboard: "It's a diary...of music that at any given time, depending on the inspiration, you can add to it." He further went on to say to Billboard that "I'm trying to break away from the concept of an album. What is an album when you put 12 songs on iTunes and people can pick at it like scabs? That's not an album. There is no album anymore." The music is described as "a lot of dance stuff, real melodic, electronic, soulful. We call it, like, electric static funk, something like that." Well, I like that music and apparently so does many people worldwide.

I was glad to be able to go to the Black Eyed Peas concert at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C. LMFAO and Ludacris opened the show and producer David Guetta laid down some wicked cool tracks. The Black Eyed Peas rocked the venue. They had an elaborate set and costumes. Very hip and cool, and futuristic too. I didn't make it to the after-party at the 9:30 club, but I'm sure it was hoppin'. Here are a few pictures from the concert, but my group was in the 400 level, so we weren't very close. But I can dance wherever I am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment