Monday, January 14, 2013

A WASHINGTONIAN WELCOME TO ALL

Washington DC is preparing for the President's second inauguration on January 21st and the world will be watching and some will be visiting DC during this time. While staying inside all day yesterday watching NFL football and the Golden Globes, I saw on the news how Sunday was a cold and foggy day and yet it was dress rehearsal day for the inauguration. There is so much that goes into planning an executing any event, especially something as important as the Presidential inauguration and there comes with it an incredible sense of excitement and lots to offer to everyone.

Our nation's capital has many attractions year round and with such a popular event as the inauguration, visitors and metropolitan DC area denizens will be looking to visit or revisit many attractions and bring along friends, family and relatives. While I was in a store I noticed a Washingtonian Welcome Guide on the magazine rack. I leafed through the 136 page guide to museums, restaurants, nightlife, events, itineraries, travel and more. I found it to be a well done and fascinating guide that is chock full of ideas, beautiful pictures and even some maps. I enjoy Washingtonian magazine and have gone to their Best of Washington events.

Inaugural Special: Washingtonian Welcome Guide Winter 2013
http://www.washingtonian.com/
Although I was born in Washington DC and have lived and worked around it for most of my life, one would think I have a handle on all things DC. That's understandable yet I feel that I will never stop exploring DC and DC is a thriving district that is always bringing something new to the world. Honestly, there are times in my wanderlust when I've had a sense of disdain for living here for so long and have wondered what it would be like to live elsewhere. The truth is that I can still enjoy traveling the world as much as possible while still calling DC home and enjoy a fulfilling lifestyle. It's taken me awhile to arrive at that realization and embrace the fact that I will likely be around here for a very long time. I've grown to enjoy wherever I live at the time because I try to make the best of it and stay adventurous. I just feel thankful to be able to live with freedom and have so many options and choices that I can make. I hope visitors old and new will enjoy our nation's capital and the plethora of things it has to offer in all it's seasons. I'll close this post by sharing a couple pictures taken in DC last year and I look forward to taking many more pictures in DC this year.

Washington Auto Show
Washington Convention Center - 1/31/2012

GameChange - DC movie premiere - Newseum - 3/8/2012

Red, White & Blue at The Wharf - Washington DC - 7/4/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment