Sunday, January 1, 2012

Promising New Year

January 1, 2012 - I spent New Year's Eve at an event called Big Night DC in the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center at National Harbor on the Potomac just inside of Maryland. Big Night DC is touted as the largest and most incredible New Year's Eve gala with 200,000+ square feet of space with 15 themed party areas, 6 dance floors, an incredible lineup of bands, world-class DJ's, first class cuisine and a huge Midnight celebration.

I was also at Big Night DC last year at the same place and it was just as enjoyable. There are so many people that come out to this event and it feels crowded. The good thing about National Harbor is that it's easy to get to and there isn't much traffic going to or leaving there, and there are huge parking garages near the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center.

I was roving around all over the Big Night party areas yet near Midnight I figured the place to be was in the party room with the live bands playing. There was a countdown there and when Midnight hit it was like a ticker tape parade in the air while the masses of people cheered. I had a very productive year in photography last year and 2o12 looks promising as I want to do things differently with my direction in photography and make better decisions and get better results.


No comments:

Post a Comment