Saturday, December 3, 2011

Veterans Day Tribute and My Vacation Cruise

November 11-19, 2011 - It has been a very productive year and I feel like it's been non-stop work with just a few short breaks scattered throughout the year. It was about time for a vacation and so I went on a cruise with over 40 friends and acquaintances. Our itinerary was Miami, Florida; Half Moon Cay, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas; San Juan Puerto Rico; Grand Turk Island; and back to Miami, Florida. It was nice to be on vacation, but of course I still brought my camera to document my travels, especially as I had never been to these ports of call other than Miami. Here's a summary of each port we visited.

11/11/11 -Miami: My vacation started out by taking a flight to Miami International Airport (MIA). What an amazing date for Veterans Day, yet every Veterans Day is a special and solemn remembrance of what our veterans have done for our country and thanks to all those who currently serve too. Starting my vacation on Veterans Day, I felt appreciative for freedom and being able to enjoy it. I am a veteran of the U.S. Army as a Cavalry Scout and I am proud to have served. I've posted a few photos and an animated slideshow as a tribute to Veterans and Veterans Day.





No comments:

Post a Comment