Friday, August 21, 2009

Shoot on the Sidelines with Scott & Mike...I Wish!

A couple weeks ago I read Scott Kelby's blog entry about a contest that Mike Olivella came up with. Mike had given a guest entry on Scott's blog on June 3rd about breaking into sports photography. Mike teamed up with Scott on putting this contest out there. Mike is a sports shooter who wants to give someone a chance to shoot on the sidelines and potentially come away with some awesome shots. Mike has media passes that he can give to people, so it sounds like an opportunity of a lifetime.

I was originally hired to photograph a film festival in Dallas, so I would have missed this chance, but plans were postponed and I am able to make it to shoot with Scott & Mike, if I should win. :)

This is all going to happen on September 12th when the Florida State Seminoles host the Jacksonville State Gamecocks. Scott & Mike are going to fly the winner down to Tallahassee, Florida, put the winner up in a hotel, take the person out to a steak dinner, shoot the game from the sidelines along with Scott & Mike, assist as needed, and then fly the person back home. What a sweet deal. You can read more about the contest and see the video describing the contest here.

I entered a photo into the contest a couple days ago and the deadline for entering the contest is Midnight tonight. There are so many great shoots in the Flickr pool of photos for this contest, so I'm sure it'll be a tough decision. I've also posted my entry here. It was taken at the America's Polo Cup game on May 9th close to 8pm so the sun was setting beautifully. Polo players rode by hand tagging those who would come up to the perimeter and extend their hand as a gesture of being a fan. You've got to have some skills to hand tag a person on horseback. Skills indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment