Monday, April 20, 2009

To Everything Turn, Turn, Turn

The weather this past weekend in the DC metro area was warm and sunny. Friday night was a friend's birthday and a bunch of us celebrated the birthday girl with dinner, mini-golf, and night of dancing. An interesting thing about the birthday dinner was the cake made for the birthday girl by one of her friends. It's great to capture birthday memories on camera, as it's such a meaningful day with family and friends. I named this the carnival cake.



On Saturday I went biking on the Mount Vernon trail with a couple others going from the Pentagon City area (near Reagan National Airport) to just past Old Town Alexandria. It was more of a scenic ride and I had brought my camera taking photos while biking at various stops. That evening I went to the Art Whino Inked Souls opening in Crystal City. I had seen the Art Whino store at National Harbor on March 21 while on a photo jaunt there.





On Sunday I did an engagement session in Washington, DC. We started off near the Jefferson Memorial and walked by the Tidal Basin and to the FDR Memorial. The Cherry Blossoms were mostly gone by then, but the area is still incredibly beautiful no matter the season.

The warm and sunny weather was replaced by rain on Monday. It was a heavy day as I went to a memorial service for someone I knew in our community. She was a wonderful lady and it's good to know that she is in a better place. Toward the end of the service, pictures of her, her family, and friends were shown on the screens in the auditorium. As I watched each photo as music played along, I was reminded how precious life is and the people in it. Sharing life and memories is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment