Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Awesome Con DC 2014

I've heard of comic conventions and seen them on TV and in the movies, but had never been to one until I attended Awesome Con 2014 at the Washington Convention Center in DC. Awesome Con is a comic-con that celebrates pop culture. It's interesting seeing all the people that this convention draws, whether they grew up in this kind of culture or whether they became a fan of a TV show or movie. There's a wide array of things offered: comic books, collectibles, cosplay, games, original art and more. There were also special events like costume contests, discussion panels, trivia contests, gaming tournaments, and lots of activities for kids. You could say there's something for everybody here that's interested in pop culture.

Awesome Con was held from April 18-20, 2014. I was able to attend on Saturday and Sunday, and I took some pictures to capture all the awesomeness. Awesome Con is a place to see people and be seen, and everyone welcomed me in taking their picture. It was cool to capture all the costumed people who put a lot into their outfits. It would be great to go to other comic conventions, and I'm sure I'll go to another Awesome Con in the future. 

I grew up playing arcade and video games, and also role-playing games. Reading fantasy and Sci-fi books was a hobby and I enjoyed those kind of movies too. Yet I didn't just stay indoors. I also enjoyed playing football, tennis and volleyball. It's also nice to go hiking. Playing all these games was one thing, but it became a reality in a sense when I was in the US Army as a Cavalry Scout. I was being all I can be and part of an adventure. We all have a role or part to play in life, where we can contribute to society.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment