Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Special Lunch with Maimah


March 5, 2014 - It seems there are many times when we see someone around and don't have much time to talk to them. This was the situation with Maimah Karmo, and we both wanted to catch up and get to know each other better. It was a blessing to have lunch with Maimah at Coastal Flats in Fairfax Corner. Maimah is the author of 'Fearless: Awakening to My Life's Purpose Through Breast Cancer.' What a beautiful, courageous and inspiring woman who helps others.
 
I was shown my table that I reserved and before Maimah arrived, I decided to sit facing toward the front of the restaurant so we could see each other when she arrived and so she could have a window view which was about ten feet behind me. So the window light on Maimah helped and so did the light within her, giving her that expression and smile. I liked her pose and aligned the chandelier above her (sort of like a halo or crown). I took this picture with my iPhone.
Being around people like Maimah can put a person in a great place, and in community we can grow.
I'm thankful for her time and encouragement in life. It's a life worth fighting for. Keep on and live well with passion and purpose.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment