Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Convenience of Saving Time - Metrorail, Express Lanes and Parkmobile

I'm sure everyone wants to make life more convenient and save time. As a photographer, I spend a lot of time working, editing, networking and marketing. I also have to be at job sites in a timely manner and I like to do that without spending too much money and time doing so. The DC metropolitan area has incredible opportunities in employment and quality of living. The Tysons Corner area has been known as the Silicon Valley of the East for it's rich concentration of technology jobs. I used to work in the Tysons Corner area for over ten years and I'm used to the commute, and thankfully it never really got bad for me in commuting, even with the DC area being considered one of the worst, if not the worst traffic congested areas in the nation.

I don't go to the Tysons Corner area much anymore, but I was in that area a couple days in a row and marveled at the progress of the Dulles Metrorail project. I'm really excited about the expansion of Metrorail and look forward to seeing it alleviate some of the congestion and make Tysons Corner a better place to live, work and play. The Tysons Corner area has long been considered a heavily congested area and it doesn't bode very well for pedestrians. I try to use Metrorail when I can in going into and out of DC. The whole DC area Metrorail system is a good system overall and easy to use.


After doing some bank transactions and shopping, I finally went on the 495 Express Lanes around 4:30pm, which is about when traffic starts really getting congested in the Tysons Corner area. I loved using the express lane and it was costing me $1.10 at the time. That's worth it if the traffic is like a parking lot, which it can often be during rush hour. Having a E-Z pass is one of the best decisions I've made regarding transportation and avoiding some long lines of cars at tolls.


Another time-saver is using Parkmobile. I had heard things about it, but parking in DC had become a problem and I don't like only being able to park for only two hours at a time (on most parking meters). Finding parking in garages are difficult and can be costly. I wish parking garages would post their rates and times clearly before even entering the garage and include details of whether it's a self-park garage or not. I started using Parkmobile and it has been easy and great to use. I don't have to worry about spare change or the meter running out of time and getting a ticket.


Save more time and make life easier.

http://www.dullesmetro.com/

https://www.495expresslanes.com/

http://us.parkmobile.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment